Contest begins August 15, 2021 and ends at
11:59 pm (PST) on Oct 15, 2021.
The Sweepstakes will feature one (10) grand prizes (the “Grand Prize”).
The Grand Prize will be an award of one (1)
$450.00 Gift Card.
CHALKBOARD WINES SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES
This CHALKBORAD WINES SWEEPSTAKES (Chalk it up teachers”) is offered by Winery Exchange, Inc., dba Chalkboard Wines (the “Sponsor”).
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES CONSTITUTES YOUR AGREEMENT TO BE BOUND BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES. Individuals who participate in the Sweepstakes are called an “Entrant” for the purposes of these Official Rules.
1. Eligibility of Entrants. The Sweepstakes is open to individuals who are at least twenty one (21) years of age. Entrants must be legal residents of the United States or the District of Columbia (the “Sweepstakes Area”). Sponsor’s employees, wholesalers, distributors, retailers, their employees, agents, officers, directors, shareholders, members, managers and owners of the Sponsor and their immediate family members and those individuals living in the same household are not eligible to enter or win. Past winners of other promotions and Sweepstakes offered by Sponsor within the previous six (6) months and their immediate family members and those individuals living in the same household are not eligible to enter or win.
2. Sweepstakes Period. This Sweepstakes entry period begins August 15, 2021 and ends at 11:59 pm (PST) on Oct 15, 2021 (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
3. How to Enter. Entrant (must be 21 and older) must be a teacher or submit a teacher (who is over 21) .
Only one (1) entry per email address will be accepted for the duration of the Sweepstakes Period. Additional Entries submitted by any user in excess of the stated Sweepstakes limitation are void.
Sponsor will void any Entrant who submits ineligible entries (or attempts to make multiple entries by using multiple/different email, identities, or any other methods). Sponsor reserves the right to verify eligibility of all Entrants. Illegible or incomplete entries are void.
4. Winner Selection and Notification:
Sponsor will randomly select (10) winners. Notification of the winner will occur within (2) weeks after the close of the Sweepstakes Period.
In consideration for entering this Sweepstakes, all entrants hereby agree and consent, without further authorization, compensation or remuneration of any kind, to the use of their name and/or likeness in any and all advertising, promotions, and other publicity conducted by Sponsor and its affiliated entities, representatives, and agents, except where prohibited by law.
5. Prizes. The Sweepstakes will feature one (10) grand prizes (the “Grand Prize”). The Grand Prize will be an award of one (1) $450.00 Gift Card . A $450 value.
No portion of the Grand Prize may be transferred, exchanged for cash, or substituted, except by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the Grand Prize with a prize of equal or greater value for any reason, including, without limitation, unavailability. All expenses not specifically identified as included in the Grand Prize are the sole responsibility of winner. The Grand Prize is subject to availability. The Grand Prize is awarded “AS IS” and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied (including, without limitation, implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose). Acceptance and use of the Grand Prize is at winner’s sole risk, and Sponsor is not responsible for any damages whatsoever including special, indirect, or consequential damages, arising in connection with the use or misuse of the Grand Prize . Grand Prize winner will be solely responsible for all federal, state, and local taxes and fees and other expenses associated with receiving and using the Grand Prize.
The odds of winning the Grand Prize will depend on the number of eligible Entries received during the Sweepstakes Period.
6. Entry Requirements. By providing an Entry, you waive and release any rights you may have with respect to Sponsor using the Entry for Sponsor’s purposes, including commercial purposes. In addition, in order to participate in the Sweepstakes, Entrants will be required to supply certain information about themselves. Sponsor has specified which information is mandatory in order to participate in the Sweepstakes. Any Entry that does not meet the requirements of this Section and otherwise in these Official Rules will be disqualified and void.
7. General Sweepstakes Conditions. Neither Sponsor nor the Sweepstakes are affiliated with or endorsed by Survey Monkey or any other third party service used to upload and enter an Entry. All Entries must comply with the terms and conditions of any third party service used to upload the Entry (e.g., Facebook), including the creation of an account through the applicable service. Entrants are solely responsible for complying with those third party terms and conditions, and maintaining the technological, hardware, and internet capabilities required to use those third party services. Sponsor will not be responsible or liable in any manner for any Entrant’s or person’s inability to submit an eligible Entry, including, but not limited to, Entries that are late, lost, damaged, misdirected, incomplete, illegible, undeliverable, destroyed due to hardware, software, network or system errors, or failures of any kind.
Sponsor may prohibit any Entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes or winning the Grand Prize if Sponsor determines in its sole discretion that the Entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other Entrants or Sponsor representatives. Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
This Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws. All Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor. Entrants waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Sweepstakes or these Official Rules. All Entrants agree to follow the Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right to modify the scheduling of the Sweepstakes without prior notification, and the right to make changes or additions to these Official Rules for any reason at any time. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules will not constitute a waiver of that provision. If for any reason this Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, then Sponsor reserves it’s right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Sweepstakes.
8. Release; License to Use. Except where prohibited by law, an Entrants’ submission of an Entry constitutes the Entrants’ irrevocable, sub-licensable, absolute right and permission for Sponsor and its affiliated entities, representatives, and agents, to use, publish, post, or display Entrants’ name, photograph, video, likeness, statements, information, city and state, Prize information (as applicable), any quotes attributable to him or her, and any other indicia of person (regardless of whether modified, edited, used alone, or used with other material in the Sponsor’s sole discretion) for any purpose, including but not limited to advertising, trade, promotional, and publicity purposes, on a worldwide basis, and in all forms of media now known or hereafter devised, in perpetuity, without further authorization, notification, opportunity to review, approval, or compensation of any kind. Each Entrant releases Sponsor and its affiliated entities, representatives and agents from any and all liability related thereto. Nothing contained in these Official Rules obligates the Sweepstakes Entities to make use of any of the rights granted in this Rules and each Entrant waives any right to inspect or approve any such use.
9. Limitations on Liability. WINNERS AND ENTRANTS RELEASE AND AGREE TO INDEMNIFY, HOLD HARMLESS, AND REIMBURSE SPONSOR AND ITS RESPECTIVE MANAGERS, MEMBERS, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, AGENTS, AND REPRESENTATIVES FROM AND AGAINST ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES, INJURY OR LOSSES, TO ANY PERSON (INCLUDING DEATH), OR PROPERTY, OF ANY KIND RESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE, OR USE OF THE GRAND PRIZE, OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY PROMOTION RELATED ACTIVITY OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS GIVEAWAY. To the maximum extent permitted by law, Sponsor and its affiliated entities, representatives and agents will not be responsible or otherwise liable for any reason for any damages or losses of any kind, including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, or punitive damages related to the Sweepstakes.
10. List of Winners. To obtain a list of the Sweepstakes winner, available ten (10) days after the Sweepstakes Period, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope with your request to: “Chalkboard_Chalk it up to teachers sweepstakes ” 500 Redwood Boulevard, Suite 200, Novato, CA 94947.
11. Disputes. Except where prohibited, Entrants agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Giveaway or the Grand Prize will be resolved individually and exclusively by binding arbitration to be held in San Francisco, San Francisco County, California; (ii) all claims, judgments and awards on behalf of Entrants will be limited to lesser of actual out-of-pocket costs incurred or one hundred dollars ($100); (iii) attorneys’ fees will not be awarded or available to Entrants; and (iv) this Giveaway and any dispute arising under or related thereto (whether for breach of contract, tortious conduct or otherwise) will be governed by the laws of the State of California without giving effect to conflicts of law or choice of law principles or rules that would cause the application of any other state’s laws. ENTRANTS ACKNOWLEDGES AND AGREES THAT HE OR SHE HEREBY WAIVES AND RELEASES ANY RIGHT TO BRING A DISPUTE AS A CLASS ACTION OR PARTICIPATE IN THE SAME.
SPONSOR: Chalkboard Wines, 500 Redwood Boulevard, Suite 200, Novato, CA 94947.